Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Final game layout

I began the layout of my game somewhat like the game "Doodle Jump". There were green blocks that were okay to jump onto and then there were obstacles blocks that you didn't want to hit. You used the keypad arrows to steer the octopus and the space bar to jump. I used a timer block to count down the time that a sprite had left to reach the star. when the sprite hit the star, the level would change. Then the sprite would have different obstacles. I used the "move a certain amount of steps" block a lot and the "when backdrop switches" event a lot as well. When my game began, I didn't know how to switch the background, but I eventually got it. You had to use the "When 0 color touches 0 color). I realized that you had to drag to the sprite to make the color. I thought that overall my game was successful and had very little problems. The only problem that occurred randomly was that the blocks would't return to their original position when I restarted he game.


No comments:

Post a Comment